Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pills, Doctors, Crohn's Disease, and The Wizard Of Oz!!

Well This week, my new primary care doctor put me on a new blood pressure medication and so now I will NEVER have to be on Potassium pills with this new med, and this medication actually will help increase my potassium level, which I'm always struggling to keep up due to diarrhea and mal-absorption because of Crohn's.  He isn't putting me on anything for my heart rate because he believes my heart rate stays high due to my chronic intestinal pain due to Crohn's Disease and he hopes that my GI doctor will be able to get my Crohn's pains under control so my body isn't in so much distress.

However speaking of diarrhea, today has been the worst day I've had in 4 days! Literally it looks like I have taken the prep for a colonoscopy, I'm not absorbing anything I've eaten over the past 24 hours and I'm pooing straight water diarrhea, so far today I've had 5 hits of that and my poor bum is screaming in pain and bleeding. Needless to say, I have done nothing but sit in my chair, sit on the toilet, or lie in bed waiting for this horrible rollercoaster ride to stop.

I'm just praying tomorrow will be better, because my dad and his fiance' are coming over for the evening so I can help them print up some invitations for their wedding in October.

Next week is going to be VERY busy. Next Tuesday I'm returning to my colon/rectal surgeon so he can examine me and maybe figure out why I keep bleeding from my rectum when he told me that the rectal bleeding should have stopped 2 months after my surgery. Well, it's been 4 months since my surgery and I'm still bleeding and I know it's partly due to the Crohn's and the diarrhea, but I'm having blood running out of me randomly and even passing small blood clots at times, even if I don't have a bowel movement! Yeah that scares me and everyone else when this happens.

Then on Friday I go to my Grandma's house for the day to do laundry and spend the day with her and my Grandpa

But Saturday is my REALLY BIG DAY!!! I'M BEYOND EXCITED OVER THIS!!!

NEXT SATURDAY AUGUST 30, 2014 WILL FOR EVER LIVE IN INFAMY FOR ME! BECAUSE I GET TO SEE "THE WIZARD OF OZ" MOVIE IN A MOVIE THEATER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

The Wizard Of Oz is my favorite movie and I'm a fanatic over it and the Oz books! Our local Historic Theater is showing it Only One Time!!! So my mom, Jeremy and I are extremely lucky we got tickets, and truly the reason we got them was because I have a friend who works for our local Chamber Of Commerce and she had the inside info on this event and the moment she found out they were showing the movie, she immediately thought of me and wrote me about the event. So the day the tickets went on sale was the day I got mine. And the tickets are only 5 dollars a person!!!

We already have a game plan of getting me to the theater and where to sit so if I do get sick during the movie we can get me to a bathroom easily.  The plan is to sit all the way in the back of the theater in the last row closest to the doors so if we have to make a quick exit no one will be in our way.  I'm praying I have the best day ever with this disease and NOTHING stops me from having this once in a lifetime chance to see this movie as it was viewed back in 1939 when it first came out.

We are already planning to shoot a video of us going to see the movie and taking LOTS of pictures.  I'm hoping to possibly find some costumes for us to wear because they are encouraging people to dress up and they are having a costume contest!!!

I can't wait to share with everyone, all my friends are so excited I get to go because they know how little I do get to go out and of course they all know I'm an Oz fanatic.  I've told my family, that when I die this will be one of the main thing I will always be remembered for "That Miranda Caverley, I remember how, she loved the Wizard Of Oz" I think that is a pretty awesome thing to be remembered for.

I'll be writing again next week as I find out the results from the surgeon appointment and of course I'll be sharing those pics from the Wizard Of Oz event!


No comments:

Post a Comment