Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Dad Is Getting Married!!!

So I have some great news!

My Dad is getting married on October 4, 2014! And I could not be more happier for him, He is marrying an amazing woman named Diane who my dad and his parents have known since she was a little girl when her parents attended a church my Grandpa was the pastor of back in the 60's.  And now all these years later, Diane starts coming to the church my Grandparents and my husband and I attend and my dad came a few Sundays to our church and they met and immediately liked each other.  Now just a few months later, they are engaged and preparing for their wedding. 

I have not seen my dad this happy in decades let's just say, and Diane is to me another Mom NOT my step mother. She is so loving and caring and has truly brought the best out of my dad, I haven't seen this side of my dad since I was little and I'm 33 years old now!  Even my husband Jeremy calls her Mom when we spend time together, Jeremy says Diane reminds him so much of him mom (Jeremy's mother died in 2000) when he was little, and before his mom began drinking and using drugs.  Jeremy tells me it's as if God has given him his mom back in a way, and Diane loves Jeremy and me like we are her own children. 

My Grandparents are just as excited to see my dad and Diane together.  My Grandma says it is an answer to her prayers so that if/when she and my grandpa pass away my dad won't be left alone. My Grandparent's healths are declining, especially my Grandpa's, and we don't know how many more years we will have with him. They both are 76 years old.  My Grandma told me today, that one of  two of her prayers have been answered, and now God just has to answer the other.....That I be healed from Crohn's disease before she dies.  She says she just can't deal with the thought of leaving me here on earth to suffer with this disease and she not be here to help me through these bad days the disease puts me through. I'm holding on to her prayer and know that God will heal me one day whether I stay here on earth or whether I go on to heaven I'm a winner either way and I will be healed.

Jeremy and I will be doing the video and photos of the wedding and our whole church is helping put the whole thing together. Our pastor's wife volunteered to make the cake! And the ladies of the church have decided to put on the reception!! I can not express how much I love the people of my church, they are such loving and giving people.

So that is my good news and I guess the end of this update since it is so long. I'll make this subject it's own post and write another one to share about all the other things that have happened this week and getting ready to happen next week.

But let us pray that God allow me to have a good day so I can help with the wedding and help capture this special moment in my family's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment