Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Doctor Means New Plan Of Action To Battle The Side Effects Of Crohn's Disease

I'm finally back home after my 2 days stay with my Grandma and Poppy's. My first appointment with my new primary care physician went extremely well. He knew what Crohn's disease is and even what he had to keep an eye on. And he even said he would be working together with my GI doctor because all my health problems that he has to manage are side effects due to Crohn's disease and or side effects from the medications I'm on due to Crohn's. I was at the doctor's office for 3 hours!!! I never had a doctor take this much time with me in my entire life. I'm not the kind of patient you can just see for 10-15 minutes and then rush me out the door. The nurses and office staff were shocked at how sick i am being so young, they were clearly affected let's just put it that way.

The doctor talked with me for 30 minutes or longer reviewing my monstrous pile of medical records that I have accumulated in just 4 years. He was overwhelmed to say the least with all the paper work on me. But he has a plan and is going to be running regular blood work on me every 3-6 months as needed to check my levels that the GI doctor won't normally check. So I get to have double the blood work done every few months between the 2 doctors, but that is ok, I'm so use to it it doesn't bother me. Thank God I was never scared of needles or blood.

So the plan right now is to keep me on the same meds my old primary care doctor had me on and we are waiting for the blood work results to see if he can change my heart/blood pressure meds and if I need to be on any prescription strength vitamins/minerals due to malnutrition/malabsorption because of Crohn's.

Yeah sometimes I actually get malnourished even though I'm over weight. The weight is due to the steroids not because I eat too much. I don't eat enough and or enough of the right kinds of food because my body rejects it. I told a lady yesterday, that if I didn't have to eat I wouldn't because food=pain and the longer I can go without eating the less pain i am in. The funny thing is, every time i go to the doctor since i was first put on steroids 2 years ago i can never lose this weight but i never gain anymore which i am so thankful for, but even though the scales say no weight loss all my jeans are too big for me now, i'll take losing the inches at least i'm losing something. The doctors don't get on me too much about my weight because they know i'm not doing it to myself, they know it's the meds they have prescribed. And they clearly see i'm not gaining anymore so that to them is fantastic that i have not gained a pound it nearly 3 years. 







So, to see how many inches I have lost on my waist, I put on a pair of old jeans I have not been able to fit into in 3 years since I was first put on steroids. And amazingly, they fit perfectly!!! I now have 6 pairs of pant/capris that are too big for me and have to be put back in storage....hopefully forever!!

And for the next week I am to keep track of my heart rate because I am not on anything for it and my heart rate goes sky high a lot due to Crohn's pain and it feels like my chest is going to explode sometimes. And in a week call him back with the results and if my heart rate is still a problem then he will put me back on medication for that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment