Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Meeting My Friend and Fellow Crohn's Fighter Heidi

My long time friend and fellow Crohn's fighter Heidi who lives in Florida flew to Ohio on Sunday and my mom and I picked her up at the airport and we had lunch together and hung out before Mom and I headed to see Gone With The Wind.
Heidi and I in the bathroom together at Tim Horton's, If you have Crohn's or know someone who has Crohn's you will understand this picture. Because this is where we live most of our lives (in a bathroom) so of course we had to do a selfie together in our favorite place as I call it.

Heidi and I having lunch together with my mom at Tim Horton's, being from Florida she had never eaten at one   
Heidi and I have been friends for 3 years now, ever since I was diagnosed with Crohn's.  Heidi has been fighting Crohn's since she was 12 yrs old, she is now 29.  

We only had an hour and a half to spend together before my mom and I had to drop her off at her hotel and be on our way over to Grove City Ohio (Not too far from Gahanna Ohio), to see Gone With The Wind in IMAX theater.  But I pray Heidi and I have another chance to meet again and spend more time together in the near future. She is an amazing Christian woman and such an inspiration with her "never give up" spirit.

What made this meeting even more emotional and special, was just 5 weeks before we met face to face, Heidi nearly died from an allergic reaction she had while receiving her Chemo Therapy Treatment to fight Crohn's. Heidi said, "I was seconds away from dying" But praise God she is still here, and clearly the Lord is NOT done with Heidi yet, she still has work to do.  I felt so blessed that I was able to physically wrap my arms around my friend and tell her how happy I was that I got to meet her while we are still on earth and Not have to wait until we got to heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment