Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Upper Respiratory Infections and Auto Immune Diseases Do Not Mix Well

Yesterday for the first time in 5 years I had to go to Urgent Care because my body decided to catch an upper respiratory infection.  In just 8 hours I went from no infection in my chest to coughing my head off tasting infection and coughing nasty stuff up.  Thankfully my dad came and got me right a way yesterday morning and had me at the urgent care when they opened.  With my immune system being compromised due to the Crohn's Disease an infection can turn bad very quickly for me. 

Luckily since I went to the doctor right a way the nurse said I was not as bad as some patients they have been seeing with this, and that it was going around VERY bad.  I did not have a fever, but due to my pain level being high, my blood pressure was high and I was also having chest pains and with my medical history the doctor ran an EKG just as a precaution, and the results came back normal thankfully.  But he did order me some antibiotics and a cough suppressant.  This is the first time I've been on antibiotics since getting C-diff back in 2011 and so I'm doing everything I can to make sure I don't get C-diff again, so I'm drinking buttermilk and making sure I'm getting probiotics in my system.

This infection could not have come at a worse time, because on Friday I have to see the Rheumatologist to possibly be diagnosed with Fibromyalsia and I REALLY hope that i can have this infection over with by then.  I'm getting very little sleep waking up once every hour to cough stuff up out of my chest or I'm waking up with horrible night sweats that leave me cold and clammy.

Spending a lot of time drinking hot green tea with lemon and honey, and watching Netflix to pass the time especially right now being 4:45 a.m. and I can't sleep because I'm coughing too much again.  Hopefully the cough suppressant will kick in soon. But no matter what it's going to be a good day and I will get what house work I need to get done today, which is very little thankfully and rest and pray this infection passes quickly so I can get some rest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment