Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Sunday, September 6, 2015

God Has A Purpose And A Plan For My Life

Something I must share of how God has a plan for our lives and he can see years into the future of what we will have the opportunity to accomplish for His Kingdom.

Almost 20 years ago when I was 16 years old I was going through a very hard time in my life. My parents were divorced my mom was trying to raise my sister and I. I had gone through a horrible 2 month relationship with my first boyfriend. I was facing a lot for my 16 year old brain to handle, I was a Christian was active in church and playing drums for a church but life just felt like it was closing in on me. One night i felt i could not go on, and so in the middle of the night i stepped out through the window of my bedroom and onto the roof of our house. I stood on the edge of the roof and looked down thinking about committing suicide. I was about to jump when i heard a loud audible voice from within my spirit yell STOP!!!! I came back to myself a little more and realized what i was about to do and knew i would send my soul to hell if i would jump and kill myself. So I stepped back in through the window and went back to bed never telling anyone what i had done.

For weeks after this event i began praying for God to let me die, I just wanted to go home to heaven I wanted to be without all this turmoil and pain my mind was going through. Then one night God came to me......

I went to bed on a school night and went to sleep. The next thing I knew I was floating above my bed, I was floating into the clouds and out of the atmosphere. And suddenly I was standing a huge gate and there was bright white light all around. The Gate opened and I stepped just inside. I knew immediately i was in heaven, and I thought I was dead and God had heard my cry to be able to come home.

As I stood just inside the gate I look over and I see my Great Grandma Naomi James (MawMaw) who had died when I was 10 years old. I said "Mawmaw!?" and she "Yes Miranda, Hi" and then after she walked past I saw an young man in his teens with blonde hair He looked at me and said "Hi Miranda" I looked at this young man who was about my age and said "Craig?!" He looks at me and says "Yeah!" this young man was my uncle Craig who died when he was 15 years old who I only knew from his school picture that my Grandmother has sitting on a table in her house. Craig walked on by and suddenly I was surrounded by a multitude of people many who's faces i recognized but could not remember their names.

Suddenly, the crowd began to part and I saw a tall man in a white robe walking towards me, his face shown like the sun and I immediately knew it was Jesus. Jesus came to me and said "my child why are you praying this prayer?" And immediately I knew what he meant, the prayer I had been praying for weeks that he would take me home to heaven. "I looked at Jesus and said "I just want to come home, it's too much to handle" Jesus looks at me and says, "But Miranda it's not your time to come home, you have so much to still do so much life that must still be lived. There are people on earth that need to hear the gospel and need help, and there are people there that only YOU can help and you must be there to help them."

I stood there kinda in shock and Jesus wrapped his arms around me and hugged me and it was like I found strength like i had never known come into my spirit. And I looked up at Jesus and said, "Ok I will go back" and immediately a force pulled me out of the gate of heaven and i felt myself falling and then suddenly i felt my soul return to my body and I woke up gasping for air like I had been under water for a long time holding my breath.

I never prayed that prayer again and I lived my life as "every day i am alive is because there is someone i still haven't met yet and shared my testimony and about Jesus"

Yesterday I had another God moment that confirmed that dream. Nearly 20 years later and now being 34 years old I had a person tell me "Miranda you are the only person i know who could help me, you were the only person i felt i could talk to you because i knew you had gone through this same certain situation and you survived it."
 
And I immediately thought of the words Jesus spoke to me when i was 16 years old "It's not your time, there are people on earth that only you can help and you need to be there for them"

After this person talked to me about what they were going through and how they felt God had placed me in their life so many years ago because He knew what the future held and knew that one day they would need a friend who could help them through. I told this person about my vision of Heaven when i was 16 years old and I told this person "DON'T YOU GIVE UP, BECAUSE I'M NOT GIVING UP ON YOU!!! Don't you ever forget about what Jesus told me all those years ago, because He revealed himself to me and told me what he did is the reason I didn't commit suicide. YOU ARE THE REASON I DID NOT END MY LIFE. Because I believed what Jesus said and believed He had a purpose for my life and you telling me this confirms that there are truly people on this earth that only I can help and I must be here to share the love of Jesus and help show them the way until it is my time to come home to heaven.

God knows the plans he has for us
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God sees the full length of the road I am traveling on in my life and though I may be sick, I may not be able to do as much ministry work out in the public as I use to. But I am still here to do His will and to help those he sends my way. We may not understand why we go through so much suffering on this earth but I know NOW that my suffering has been for the Glory of God and to bring hope to those who are or have gone through the same things i have. Because God brought me through He will bring You through too.

When people ask me is Jesus real and is heaven real I can for certain tell them "Yes" and when they ask "how do you know" I can answer "because I have seen Jesus and I have seen a glimpse of heaven" and I know HE is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment