Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Things I Have Accomplished On My "Living List" Since Recovering From Surgery

It's 1:30 a.m. here in Chillicothe Ohio. It's quiet and all i can hear is the sound of my husband softly breathing....and occasionally farting in his sleep. (He may kill me for that but admit it even you ladies, we all fart in our sleep)

I'm lying awake completely doped up on anti nausea and pain meds but can't sleep due to the painful itching in my feet caused by very bad swelling I had earlier due to steroids I'm on trying to get this Crohn's disease in remission, that doesn't seem to want to work again. Yes again because I was on this steroid (Entocort) 2 years ago and it didn't work then and it obviously is not working now. And all it is doing is making me retain lots of fluid in my feet and ankles to the point they hurt even though I'm taking a diurectic/blood pressure pill to combat the swelling. So double the pain now which means I'm miserable and back to not being able to do much.

But this is NOT what I got on here to write about in the middle of the night.  Below I'm listing some of the things I've gotten to accomplish over the past 3 weeks since I recovered from rectal/colon surgery to repair damage crohn's had caused. And giving me back part of my life and taking care of 50% of my pain/problems.

Now some of the things on this list may seem TMI (Too Much Information) For some but when you are battling a life long debilitating disease you want to share everything you've gotten to do. So here is what I've accomplished so far in the past 3 1/2 weeks.

--Ate At A Restaurant with my grandparents for the first time in 6 months
--Went To Church for the First time in over 6 months
--Walked in the park for the first time in over a year
--Went Grocery Shopping For the First time in 4 months
--Went Fishing with my husband for the first time EVER in our entire 8 year relationship/6 1/2 year marriage
--Had Sex with my husband like a normal person for the first time in 5 years!
--Made a pineapple upside down cake for the first time EVER
--Went to a local cafe and had breakfast with my hubby and Dad
--Had a day with my dad, We ate at a restaurant then watched a movie together. First time in 5-6 years we've done that together.
--For the First Time EVER, Went to our local library and got my library card and spent a few hours at the library just reading.
--Grilled out on our patio for the first time in over a year
--Went to 3 doctors appointments in less than a month and didn't get violently sick riding in the car to and from the appointments for the first time in over 3 years.
--Started making Video logs on my youtube account after nearly a year of being too ill to do them
--And Finally achieved a Green Thumb! Taking Good care of my Flowers my Grandma bought me for my birthday, I love smelling them and watching them grow and bloom.
--Cleaned my upstairs bathroom for the first time EVER living in this home without getting sick! It normally takes me over an hour to clean our little bathroom upstairs but I did it in 15-20 minutes and didn't even have to take a break or lie down afterward!
--Walked From our house down the street to the grocery store, walked around the grocery store, then walked home. FIRST TIME EVER since we've lived here.  That was really pushing me and I nearly collapsed after but I DID IT!

And this is not the end I keep adding more and more to my "Living List" and I hope to share more that I have accomplished soon

No comments:

Post a Comment