Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Monday, June 30, 2014

Making A Joyful Noise Unto The Lord

Last night, I did something I have not been able to do in 5 yrs.....I played my drums at Church!

My church has been asking me for 2 years to bring my drums and start playing for them because they have no drummer.  But due to Crohn's I have not had the physical strength to play, until last night!

I have playing drums professionally for 18 years, I started playing for churches, revivals, and songfests locally when I was 15 years old.  But my love for the drums and a hunger to play started when I was just 3 years old!

Me age 4 or 5 years old with my sister Autumn Age 2 or 3 years old playing on my Aunt Lori's Drum set. This is the drum set I cut my drumming teeth on
One of the last videos of me performing was taken back in 2008 at The Salvation Army's Divisional Women's Retreat those videos are on my youtube channel. The next year I was too sick to play and have not played professionally since that time, that was until last night!

Me at my home church Plug Run last night playing for the first time in 5 years. The set up may look a little strange but with this set up I can have an entire drum set, toms, cymbals, and all with out taking up alot of space

I had so much fun just making a joyful noise unto the Lord, and the entire church was so blessed they told me to have me play for them.  To look out in the audience and see my Grandma, Grandpa, cousins and my husband all watching me with such big smiles on their faces was just so awesome.

My Cousin Richard playing the Guitar, His wife Cookie,and my Grandma singing a special song, and me backing them up on drums.  It was so great to play with my family.
Not only did I get to play for the congregation singing but my cousin Richard sang and His wife Cookie and my Grandma sang with him while I backed them up on the drums. I love playing with my family, we all are very musically talented, Especially my Dad's side of the family, music is in our blood. I'm the only female drummer on my dad's side of the family and I'm the 2nd female drummer on my mom's side of the family.

It was very special to see my husband Jeremy in the audience just watching me with the look of, "yep that's my baby up there play those drums!" He just beamed with pride for me.  I call him my roadie hehe haha.

We had no idea if my body could last the entire service because I have not played this long straight since before I got really sick, but my body held up and I made it through the whole service without getting sick!

My whole life all I've ever known is music and church, and that's what I love to do. I love to play music for the Lord. Even if there would be no one in the audience I'd still be happy to play, because the Lord is there and He is the reason I play, being a blessing to others is just a perk to me. 

Without Jesus I could not do any of this, and He gets all the glory.  I am just a vessel to be used by Him to help inspire and lead people to be saved.  I always tell people, do look at me, Look At Him! Because without the Lord none of what I have accomplished could have happened.

Jeremy did take video clips of me playing, and we will get those clips into a video and upload them to my youtube channel in the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment