Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Monday, January 19, 2015

Warning! Grab You A Box of Tissues: Letter I Received From A Homeless Child

If this doesn't break your heart, then you do not have one.

Below is a picture of the letter a 11 yr old homeless girl wrote to me.  She lives in one of the homeless shelters I donate my Smitten Mitten Expedition items to every year.  This little girl saw one of the employees at the shelter wearing a earwarmer headband, twisty scarf and handwarmers that I had made for the employee.  And asked if I would make her a set.  So the little girl sat down and wrote me this letter, and I made her the head band in the picture you see below and I made her a set of matching handwarmers because I didn't have enough of that color yarn to make a twisty scarf.  The little girl received her gift last week and they fit her perfectly and she is so happy.  And this is why I do what I do, if I can bring a smile even to just one homeless child then all the hours of crocheting these hats, scarves, hand warmers and ear warmer headbands are worth it. 

Even as sick as I am and not able to go many places or do many things as I use to, to help people in need. God is still using me and although it may be just a small child's headband, it is more precious than silver or gold because it brought a smile to the face of a homeless child.


No comments:

Post a Comment