Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy 33rd Birthday Miranda...It's The Best One You've Had In Years!

Tuesday May 27, 2014 the day before my birthday, I went to my follow up with the Rectal/Colon Surgeon.  

The surgeon walks in, asks me how I am doing and I tell him that I'm doing so much better, that I've been more active in the past 4 days than I have in nearly 3 years!!! He actually got a little emotional because he told me, "I struggled a lot with myself on whether I should do the surgery because with your disease, there was no guarantee that the surgery would even help. I'm glad I did it now seeing how much better you are." He then examined me and said everything looks great, and told me that I didn't need to come back and see him unless I started having problems again.

I then asked my surgeon if I could give him a hug, he said yes. I hugged this little man who is the same height as me and cried tears of joy and thanked him and said, "thank you, you gave me part of my life back after 3 years of suffering. This is the best birthday present ever." The surgeon and his nurse got a little teary eyed.

Nearly 7 yrs. of suffering and now half of my problems have been fixed, now to get my stomach/intestines under control.

But I know for a fact My God is more powerful and able, even when the doctor doubts and says there is no guarantee that I will get better, I say there is a guarantee, because with Christ all things are possible, and my recovery is proof of that.


And today May 28, 2014 already is the best birthday I've had since I got sick back in 2007. I got to enjoy the day and actually enjoy the food, had energy and just got to enjoy living instead of just surviving! Oh and my voice is finally coming back after 5 weeks of fighting laryngitis!!!

This past week/weekend this is what I got to do because I felt so good.... Friday, I went out to eat at a restaurant with my grandparents and even went and got an ice cream cone after and walked to the ice cream shop!! Saturday, I help my hubby clean up the patio, go grocery shopping and helped him grill out.  Sunday, I got to go to church for the first time in over 6 months and my hubby got to sing and play his guitar for the church.  Monday, Memorial day my hubby and I slept in and then we relaxed on the patio and grilled out again.  That may not be a lot for an average person, but for me I hadn't been able to do this much in one weekend, in nearly 3 years!

This coming weekend will also be great, my husband is taking a 4 day weekend and we are (fingers crossed this good health keeps up) heading to one of the many lakes in our area to fish and maybe even swim and lay out on the beach and get some sun.  Haven't ever gone fishing since we have been married and have only been to a lake 2 times in our 7 years together. 

My Birthday Gifts from friends and Family for my 3rd B-Day
My Awesome Cake Jeremy Got Me For My Birthday

Jeremy got me The 6th Oz book That Marvel has made into Comic book form

My Friend Dawn Made this Wizard Of Oz Blanket For me

My Mom Got me this Twilight Series Collectables

 2 baskets of petunias, and 2 baskets of Geraniums/Ivy from my Grandma 

No comments:

Post a Comment