Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Missing The Jeremy Camp Concert NoThanks To Crohn's


I wanted to share something uplifting because, I'm not feeling so "uplifted". Yesterday I began having severe abdominal pains. Nothing helped, and they were so bad that I maxed out on my pain meds. I suffered through the night and today is not any better.

I didn't get to sleep until after 4 a.m. this morning, then I woke up at 7 a.m. in pain, then at 10 a.m. and was awake crying and screaming out until Noon until my pain meds took effect. I slept for 2 hours and woke up at 2 p.m. in more pain, so I thought I would try and write.

Today I've been on a liquid diet only Ensure and water to drink. My husband and I believe where they filled me with air from the upper endoscopy it's has given me very bad gas and to be frank, I have not stopped farting ever since the upper endoscopy, and the only time I feel a little relief from the pain is when I fart. But now after having solid bowel movements for weeks and doing good, I'm starting to have diarrhea again on top of all this going on.

Welcome to another day of a life with Crohn's.

Tonight I was suppose to go to see Jeremy Camp (He's a Christian Rock Artist) at a church in Grove City Ohio. My good friends Dawn and Gary got Jeremy and I tickets nearly 3 months ago as a Birthday present for Jeremy. This was before my diagnosis and everything, and they and us even thought by this time I would be better and able to go to the concert.

Jeremy Camp is one of my favorite Christian Artists his music is biblical and inspiring. Below is my favorite song of his and it is also one of the songs that has helped me through over the past 4 years dealing with what we now know is Crohn's Disease.

I have seen Jeremy Camp in concert before I got sick. However, I'm upset that I can't go this time because I've not been able to go do anything like this in a long time, but I have to accept the things I cannot control and accept the things that i can. I may not be able to see Jeremy Camp Live tonight but i can put in any one of his CD's and listen to all his music.

Today I'm thankful for that, even though right now it's so hard to willingly find something to be thankful for right now. I'm thankful for Jeremy Camp's music and the technology so I can listen to these inspiring songs to help me as I lay in my bed sick and just trying to make it through today.

Because "even when I don't see, I still believe"

No comments:

Post a Comment