Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Long over due update

I haven't made an update since nearly the beginning of the year.  And really it was because things had been going so bad. 
I finally found it seems a GI doctor that will not abuse me and will listen to me and treat me like I'm a human being for once.  Dr. Emlich is very upset with how I have been treated really my entire life since getting crohns disease and the abuse and neglect I have suffered over the past 10 years of my life.  We found out from just simple blood tests that OSU could have easily done but refused to and also decided to tell me I was crazy.  That I have been anemic/iron deficient for over a year at least and was on the verge of needing a blood transfusion.  And also that I have had an infection in my stomach and intestines for over a year that was easily cured with a couple rounds of antibiotics. 
Dr. Emlich agrees that I am at the end of what medicine can do for me since I am literally allergic to everything that is on the market for Crohns and basically we monitor me and treat what symptoms we can until I get bad enough for surgery in the coming years.
Dr. Emlich also said that looking at my inflammatory levels he thinks that I would never have been put on the chemo therapy treatments in the first place because I was NOT bad enough for that treatment yet.  Yes I have moderate to severe crohns disease, but.....I also have severe irritable bowel disease as well and that is what is causing a lot of my problems not just the crohns. Which I knew as well. 
So since the beginning of May I have been on Iron supplements to help my anemia which I can feel a huge difference and all my symptoms except the fatigue have gone away. I go in a couple days to have my level checked again to see if I am back into the normal range for iron level.
I have been able to do more than I have in a year and although I am sick still every day.  I can handle being this sick because this is my normal. 
Also on June 20, 2017 Jeremy and I decided to add a new member to our family.  Miss Emily Tailor Caverley came into our lives. she is our tuxedo kitten that came from cousin jerri's home. and on july 10th she turned 3 months old she is such a joy and I am so happy I have her. 
I also turned 36 yrs old on may 28th and I am happy to be able to get to grow another year older.  Because sadly today I learned of another young crohns warrior who lost her battle with this disease. Every year God gives me is truly a blessing. 
That is about all I have for now. Hopefully I will not wait so long to write another update.   

No comments:

Post a Comment