Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Is Here and Change Is In The Air

Since my last post in March a lot has happened in my life....

1st my husband Jeremy and I are officially back together and in the next 2 months I will be moved back in to our home permanently.  We both are continuing to go to counseling seperately and together and making progress.

2nd I've been crocheting like a mad woman over the past 2 months.  After posting the blanket I made back in March I made another blanket for this same customer, and then my grandmother asked me to make her a set of placemats and a table runner for her dining table.  I don't have pics of the table set but hopefully in another week or so Grandma will have it out on her table for me to get a pic of.
Mitered Corner Afghan Throw I made the colors are brown and cream




 3rd. I'm still doing good with the Crohn's disease and so I was able to actually CANCEL a doctor's appointment for the first time EVER because I didn't need to go!!! I will see my GI doctor in 3 months!

However, I did have to be put on a new medication due to the water retention in my hands n feet that is caused mainly from the steroids I was on for nearly 2 years.  But I luckily have been watching my salt intake more closely and being more active, that i only have to take a water pill once a week usually.

I'm continuing to still have more good days than bad and have been going out so much and being more independent that after 5 years of not needing to have one, I once again have a Cellphone!!!

Last month I even drove all the way to my sister's house and spent the day with her!!! She lives an hour away from me and this was the first time EVER since being sick that I have driven that far from home by myself! We had a great day we went to an antique store at the mall and I found some awesome old records and old 45s I can't wait to go back and visit the store again.  Then we went to 5 Guys Burgers which I had never eaten at before and they were delicious! Then we went back to her house and we watched Big Hero Six and made cookies! It was a perfect day.

And now this month I'm heading back to my sister's house with my mom because on April 19th at the movie theater near where my sister lives they are showing The Sound Of Music in theater for it's 50th Anniversary!!!! My mom and I can't wait to see it for the first time in our lives on the big screen.  It's going to be like when we went to see Gone With The Wind last year. 

Oh and I forgot, last month, Jeremy and I went to our first Christian concert in 5 yrs due to me being so sick with the Crohn's!!  We went and saw Jason Crabb and it was such a blessing to be able to see Jason perform "through the fire" which is one of the songs I've listened to since my diagnoses to get me through the bad days.  When he sang that song, the tears just flowed down my face and I stood and praised my Jesus because I was able to be well enough to hear him sing the song that has helped me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment