Miranda's Music


Listen To Miranda's and her husband Jeremy's Music and Download Many of the songs they have recorded over the years

Friday, March 9, 2012

In Remission, But Still Struggling

3 weeks ago I got the results back from my latest blood test to see how good or bad my Crohn's was.....the results showed that my white blood cell count was normal and that I am in remission.

However, due to having Gastroparesis on top of the Crohn's, I continue to struggle daily with stomach pains, nausea, and diarrhea.

Last weekend however, I was well enough to go and help Jeremy as he spoke at the Delivering Hope Rally to raise awareness about homelessness and poverty. We had a table for JMC Ministries and handed out lots of Free stuff. But sadly it seemed many people showed up to criticize and instead of support us. One person took a copy of our Music Demo CD listened to it then came back and told Jeremy that the music was good, but we were not good enough to win American Idol! Then another person came up at the end of the event after Jeremy spoke and shared his testimony of being homeless and how God helped him through and how he and I started JMC Ministries. This person after taking one of our brochures was very critical of us and kept asking questions that were already answered if they had just read the brochure.

These people were suppose to be Christians but acted anything but....some friends of ours who were there helping at our table saw and heard how we were treated and were very upset that people would be that rude....However, I told our friends that after 30 years of abuse like that from people from around this area, I've grown to expect it and that if someone was Not disrespectful or mean when we went to do Ministry in this area i would think something was wrong.

As I have said many times, Jeremy and I don't have to make people look bad...Because they just open their mouths and place their foot in it and makes themselves look bad on their own, they don't need any help from us.

However, I will say that the event was a success despite the mean people, and Jeremy has already been asked to speak at a church in Portsmouth Ohio next month for another event. This one will be about the drug epidemic that has hit our area of Ohio and how Jeremy is helping people with Drug addictions through a facebook group called Straight Forward...To Help Victims Of Pill Addiction.

Just because Satan puts people in your way to attack you and discourage you doesn't mean you stop doing what God has called you to do. We have more people saying that we are doing great work for the Lord than we do saying we are bad people and not good enough to win American Idol.

Now lets come to the present....

Yesterday i could tell something was not right with my body...I was extremely fatigued and tired. I slept most of the day and then last night it hit...

Out of no where I had severe intestinal pains hit me and even went into my back. I was screaming out in pain. jeremy had to get medicine to help stop the pain and got me to bed. But sleep never came.

All night I tossed and turned in my sleep and cried out in pain. Then today the pain has continued even after taking all the medicine I can to help. And every time I go to the bathroom I hurt so bad having a bowel movement I cry.

It seems my Crohn's is not in remission any longer....I have not felt this bad in over a month and have not had pain in my abdomen and intestines either. So today I'm bed ridden, watching Anne Of Green Gables Movies and trying to continue to do Ministry work from the bed.

My prayer is that this is not a full fledged flare up (how many f words was that? Wow) and that it is only a minor one and will not last long. I'm trying to stay calm and not get upset because that can cause the Crohn's to act up more, but it's hard and especially seeing my husband staying up until 5 a.m. in the morning to watch over me praying and begging God to ease my suffering. It just brings me to tears every time...even now as I write this.

I still don't know why I have to suffer, but as Joni Ereckson Tada said about her swimming accident that left her paralized for the rest of her life...."if one person comes to Christ through this accident, then the wheelchair will be worth it all." All i can say is I hope the same for the Crohn's, Gastroparesis and Auto Immune Deficiency Disorder I fight every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment